Thursday, September 1, 2011

juicefast day 5 and podcasts I love

Woke up today, and, since I'm not working, went back to bed :) Did that a few times before finally deciding to get up for the day. The energy boost is starting to kick in, but I was too tuckered last night to jog so I just walked a ton listening to my podcasts

Here's what I listen to

5by5.tv - Dan Benjamin's podcast network has a bunch of great tech related podcasts - most are related to Apple and mobile. These guys are so geeky (in a good way) that I feel normal :)
Savage Love - Dan Savage's out loud version of his advice column... its Ann Landers for our generation. Some of the callers are so weird it makes me feel normal :)
Confessions of an EMS Newbie - Ron Davis is a paramedic student and Kelly Grayson is a grizzled veteran. Ron asks Kelly questions, Kelly tells humorous stories. The questions Ron asks are questions I'd ask, so it makes me feel normal :)

Last night I did 4.12 miles around the neighborhood, nothing fancy, just walking and listening to the above gentlemen.

Total distance: 17.5 miles
Total time 5:31
Total weight loss 5 pounds
Hunger 3/10
Health/Wellness 6

Odd facts - I'm starting to see more veins. If my veins had been this visible a year ago when we were learning IV starts in class I wouldn't have had so many bruises.

I need to do some reading about exercise during a juicefast. I'm pretty sure walking and jogging and biking (staying aerobic to burn fat for fuel) shouldn't be too much of a problem. But with the lack of carbs to refuel muscles is anaerobic work a good idea?