Monday, March 1, 2010

diagramming the heart


I'm trying to figure out a cool way to draw out the various body parts we're learning in paramedic class.  I'm a big believer in the learning theory that states the best way to learn is to
read
write
listen
say
draw
teach

My erasable white boards for the EMT-B were covered with drawings like this (sadly not in color).

I did this drawing with the Paint application on Windows 7 using a tablet computer I borrowed from a friend. I think the next thing I'll try is Brushes on the iPod Touch/iPad.  I was checking out some of the brushes pictures on flickr and they look really cool.  It might not measure up to Gray's, but it should be good enough for blog posts and as a learning tool for myself.  Plus, I love drawing and I love tech toys, so this looks like a great $5.  

Oxygenated blood & vessels
de-oxygenated blood & vessels
electrical impulses in the heart
Lung :)