Sunday, March 7, 2010

Return on Investment (or, studying gets rewarded)

Yesterday was the big test.  3 chapters of Anatomy, Physiology, Pathophysiology and aging/development.    I spent 2 weekends studying, plus nights, class, and listened to podcasts about anatomy (thanks iTunesU East Tennessee State for posting the lectures.)  We got together Friday night for 6 hours and studied the book, workbook and all the class lectures they put online for us.

(Side note. Did you know that the hyoid bone is the only bone in the body not connected to any other bones. Fascinating bit of trivia that's worth 1 point)

Fast forward to the end of the test (about 11am).  I always have this moment of nervousness when I turn in the test and we go outside to talk about it.  A classmate asked me how I thought I did, and I said 95, but felt bad, like I was bragging.  Turns out I underestimated myself and ended up with a 98 before arguing for more points with the teacher (I think I got one more).  

At lunch today with the munchkin I got a fortune which confirmed I'm on the right path.


  

I eat enough fortune cookies that I can just wait until I get the perfect fortune that confirms what I already believe, then post it and point everyone to it :)